Thursday, January 15, 2015

BR 2-11: The Ugly Duckling (Davidson, 2006)



"He bent his head to the water and saw that he was no longer an ugly duckling. He was a swan!" (p. 44)

This story is based on the story by Hans Christian Andersen. It is very famous story. When I was a child, I read this story in Japanese. Japanese title is "Minikui Ahirunoko". The mother duck had six eggs. Five eggs ware smooth and small and white. But, the sixth egg was huge. The huge egg was ugly duck's egg. The duck was very large and very ugly. However, this ugly duck was a swan! The ugly duck grew up, and it was not duck. In fact, it was a swan. 

I think the ugly duck didn't like itself. However, he became very beautiful swan, better than ducks. I was glad that ugly duck became beautiful. The swan is the most beautiful one of all. I want to be beautiful woman. I want to transform myself more beautiful!

Reference
Susanna, Davidson. (2006). The Ugly Duckling. London, England: Usborne First Reading

[172 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment