Saturday, June 14, 2014

Essay 1-03a: My Language Learning Story and Plans

10 years ago when I was 9 years old. I had not learned English yet at school. I sometimes went to English conversation school with my brothers. I learned greeting and songs there. I enjoyed singing English songs. 5 years ago when I was 14 years old. I started learning English at junior high school. In there, read English textbooks, learning English grammar, and sometimes communicate with ALT who native English teacher. When I was a junior high school student, I wanted to learn English more. I was interested in English. In high school, English class became high level, and I went into a slump. I didn't like to take English classes, because I couldn't understand English words and grammar. My grades were getting worse. I was very shocked, and I made up my mind to study English. After that, I studied hard. I memorized English words and grammar every day. I could understand English step by step. Furthermore, I could keep up with English class. My grades improved slowly. I enjoyed studying. I thought that I want to be a good English speaker in the future, and I decided to major in English at university. Now, I major in English in University. I want to grow my English skills more. I study English at school and at home everyday. I am listening English music, writing a blog in English, reading books written in English. I enjoy studying English. I try to talk some students studying abroad. It is a little difficult for me to communicate with them, but I want to speak English well. I keep trying it. Also, I like to listen English radio on my iPhone. I often listen American rock channel. It is very interesting for me. After I graduate university, I want to get a job what uses English. So, I need to study English more. I want to grow speaking and listening skill. I think it is very important to communicate with foreigners. I want to teach English conversation to children in the future. It is my dream. I enjoy my life with English! I should to grow my skills more!

[357 words]

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ai,

    Though your essay begins with when you were age ten, this essay should cover your early childhood and first language learning history as well. So would you please fill in that gap?

    Cheers, PB

    ReplyDelete