Tuesday, June 24, 2014

BR1-07: Frog and Toad are Friends (Lobel, 1970)


"No one has ever sent me a letter. Every day my mailbox is empty. Thai is why waiting for the mail is a sad time for me." (p. 55)

Toad has never get any mail. This is him sad time of day. It is the time when he waits for the mail to come. It always makes him very unhappy. Frog knew it. He felt sad, and he decided to write a letter for Toad. He finished writing a letter for Toad, and he ran out of his house. he saw a snail that he knew. He asked to snail to take this letter to Toad's house and put it in his mailbox. Toad and Frog waited the letter long time. They went out onto the front porch. But snail was very slowly. Four days later, the snail got to Toad's house and gave him the letter from Frog. 

I first met this story when I was a elementary school student. This story was ran in Japanese text book. When I found this book at KGU library, I felt dear. I am please to get the letter too. I want a letter from friends. I often get email a lot, but I little got letter these days. I'm going to write a letter for my friend. 

Reference
Arnold, Lobel.(1970). Frog andToad Are Friends. New York, America: Harper Trophy

[228 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment