Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Essay 1-01a Letter to My Host Family


Hello, I’m Ai. Please call me “Ai”. I’m nineteen years old. I go to KGU. I belong to English and American studies department. I like to learn English. When I was a high school student, I decided to major in English. I want to learn more deeply. I want to come to speak English well. Please tell me a lot of things.

My hobby is shopping, because I like fashion. I often go shopping with my friends or boyfriend, and look for clothes. I spend a lot of time to go shopping, going to cafes, or on a drive, on the weekend. If you come to Kumamoto, I’ll take you to my favorite café. I want to visit cafe in America too!! Please take me.

Also, I like to listening music. My favorite artists are “The Beatles”, “REDHOTCHILIPEPPERS”, and “Lady Gaga”. I have listened to this music since my childhood.

I’ll tell you about my family. I have my parents and two little brothers. My father is an elementary school teacher. He works at Onoue elementary school. His hobby is running. My mother is an office worker. My mother and I are very close. We always talk about love and so on. My brothers play baseball. I like baseball too. I want to go a stadium and watch major league game. Do you like baseball? If you like it, I want you to take me stadium.


Do you like Japanese food? I can cook Japanese dishes, so I want to cook for you! I have a lot of things that I want to do in America. I want to make foreign friends, because I think they will become my teachers of English and university life. I want to spend good school days, with friends.

This is my first visit to America. I’m worried about many things. I must get used to English spoken by native speakers. Please tell me about American culture and manners. I want to learn about American life style and culture. I am a little anxious, but I hope to spend a good time in America.

353 words

6 comments:

  1. Your passages are very interesting! you can explain many things about yourself. How many CDs in your house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for Comment. I don't have many CDs, because I usually use iTunes.

      Delete
  2. I like going cafes and drink coffee too!!
    what kind of dishes do you usually cook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for comment. I want to go cafes with you too.

      Delete
  3. It is nice letter. I could know about you in detail. I like cafe too. What is your favorite cafe?

    ReplyDelete